ImmobiTag contains a chip with a unique code that can be read by a suitable scanner (typically used by police and responsible second-hand traders). A search for the code against police or trader systems enables the bike's return to its rightful owner.
- FREE lifetime registration at Immobilise.com
- The patent-protected shuttle sits snuggly in a range of frame sizes and is virtually impossible to remove without significant effort, tooling and considerable risk of damaging the bike.
- The warning sticker deters theft by making it clear that another, invisible identification is within the bike.
- If you sell the bike, the new owner doesn't need to buy a new tag. Just tell them the tag number and to register at Immobilise.com, then remove the tag number from your account.
- The 'shuttle' containing the passive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip (no batteries required).
- Fitting instructions.
- A label containing the chip's ID – you must register this on Immobilise.com and optionally fit it on the bike.
- A warning label also containing a barcode – you must register this on your Immobilise account and fit it to the bike.
- The shuttle fits bikes with unbroken standard diameter seat post tubes that are 25.4mm to 32mm in diameter.
- Care should be taken with folding bikes to check before fitting the tag that it will not interfere with the folding mechanism.
- This product is NOT a GPS tracking device. It is a covert RFID marking device making the bike, if found, uniquely identifiable.
- The RFID chip used is a high-quality TROVAN manufactured chip. It is not reprogrammable and adheres to the highest standards of production, ensuring lifelong performance and readability in the most demanding environments. It has been proven evidentially robust in many investigations for over 20 years.
To see how easy it is to install an ImmobiTag click on the "video" field below to see a step-by-step guide.
Although I do not know how effective the tag is and I never hope to need to find out, I am giving 5 stars for the speed of delivery and the ease of fitting. Simple. Gives me peace of mind having it fitted.
I bought this to fit into my sons new bike. This was from a well known UK manufacturer who supplies their bikes direct to customer. The frames seat post was 25.4mm so just fitted the tag in to it. Clear instructions on what to do. Used immobilise for some years now. Very happy
Easy to install and register. With a good lock, removal of loose items and this hopefully will deter thieves.
The Job of installing could not have been easier.
I am hoping that I dont have to prove it works as I want to hold on to my bike!
It fitted perfectly on my two bikes. No extra tools needed, just squeeze each tab in, then push with the seat-tube.
I haven’t had call (thankfully!) to use it yet and am glad I have bought two of these for my electric bike and for my tricycle, too. I have a foldable bike for which I shall purchase another tracker. Having these make me feel very happy and secure in the knowledge that my bikes are traceable (or traceable)!
Its not an exact science! I removed the seat post of my new Cube e bike having noted the height to which it had been set and there appeared to be enough length. I thought while I was at it I would lower the seat by about another centimetre, although it wasn't absolutely essential, needless to say having inserted the tag I could not lower the seat any further than the original height! I guess to overcome this one would have to reduce the length of the tube. Anyway if anyone realises that it was there they would have a job removing it!
Easy to fit into my bike frame, but the instructors state to record the bar code sticker number to Immobilise, when there are 2 stickers supplied, one for the frame and a simple one that records the chip number, but it is not really made clear.
Easy to install, luckily not had the need to activate so cannot comment on how good the system is
Very easy to fit to bike, not had it tested in anger yet and fingers crossed it wont be, One quibble, the instructions on the packet and on the webiste for recording the tag are not clear.