ImmobiBike contains a chip with a unique code that can be read by a suitable scanner (typically used by police and responsible second-hand traders). A search for the code against police or trader systems enables the bike's return to its rightful owner.
- FREE lifetime registration at Immobilise.com
- The patent-protected shuttle sits snuggly in a range of frame sizes and is virtually impossible to remove without significant effort, tooling and considerable risk of damaging the bike.
- The QR coded warning label deters theft by making it clear that another, invisible identification is within the bike.
- If you sell the bike, the new owner doesn't need to buy a new tag. Just tell them the tag number and to register at Immobilise.com, then remove the tag number from your account.
- The 'shuttle' containing the passive Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip (no batteries required).
- Fitting instructions.
- A label containing the chip's ID – you must register this on Immobilise.com and optionally fit it on the bike.
- A warning label also containing a serial-numbered QR code – you must register this on your Immobilise account and fit it to the bike.
- The shuttle fits bikes with unbroken standard diameter seat post tubes that are 25.4mm to 32mm in diameter.
- Care should be taken with folding bikes to check before fitting the tag that it will not interfere with the folding mechanism.
- This product is NOT a GPS tracking device. It is a covert RFID marking device making the bike, if found, uniquely identifiable.
- The RFID chip used is a high-quality TROVAN manufactured chip. It is not reprogrammable and adheres to the highest standards of production, ensuring lifelong performance and readability in the most demanding environments. It has been proven evidentially robust in many investigations for over 20 years.
How to Fit your ImmobiBike Shuttle
The Job of installing could not have been easier. I am hoping that I don't have to prove it works as I want to hold on to my bike!
Easy to install and register. With a good lock, removal of loose items and this hopefully will deter thieves.
I bought this to fit into my son's new bike. This was from a well known UK manufacturer who supplies their bikes direct to customer. The frames seat post was 25.4mm so just fitted the tag in to it. Clear instructions on what to do. Used immobilise for some years now. Very happy.
Although I do not know how effective the tag is and I never hope to need to find out, I am giving 5 stars for the speed of delivery and the ease of fitting. Simple. Gives me peace of mind having it fitted.
Very easy to use - just drop into the frame holding the seat post and register the details on Immobilise website. Sticky labels help deter thieves and if your bike is stolen you have at least a chance of getting it back. Essential for cycling in London.
It arrived really quickly and has very clear fitting instructions. It does require a few tools and a bit of force to fit.
You need to be a bit stronger than me to put the plastic RFID tag into the seat post and force it to the bottom. My husband however did it with not much problem. Now it's in there, there is no way it's coming out unless you saw the bike frame in half! It's just some extra security and peace of mind, should the worse happen and the bike be stolen. Let's hope it never has to be used!